Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two Timesers

I pay $20 a month to get the New York Times on my Kindle, but that won't be good enough to get me unlimited access to its web site. The sad, inexplicable truth is buried in the FAQ:
23. I have a subscription to The New York Times on my Kindle, Nook or other e-reader. Does this give me access to NYTimes.com?

No. At this time, we're not able to connect your e-reader subscription to an NYTimes.com subscription. Each must be purchased separately.

We plan to enhance our e-reader subscription options in the near future. Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date so you can receive the latest site news and announcements from NYTimes.com.
"In the near future"? How incredibly bush league. What's so complicated about working with Amazon, which sells plenty of Times subscriptions, and figuring this out now?

No comments: